The Yamaha YZ450F Motocross Bike 2023 IS Completely New! Yamaha launched the all-new YZ450F for 2023, aiming to push capacities even further after winning back-to-back competitive Motocross and Supercross titles. With greater power, less weight, a smaller design, and highly recommended in an even more usable package, the new YZ450F lifts the bar.
“What really sticks out about the new YZ450F is how light and controlled it feels when riding hard,” stated Derek Brooks, Motorcycle Product Line Manager at Yamaha Motorsports. “This new platform expands on the iconic YZ suspension and handling with a more powerful, yet manageable engine character that will provide skilled riders with everything they need to win and compete at the highest level.”
Simultaneously, its enhanced ergonomics and tuneability with both the free engine map and Power Tuner make it easier for all rider skill levels to ride quickly. I can’t wait to see it on the tracks!”
2023 Yamaha YZ450F Price – $9,899
Fresh off consecutive pro-Motocross and supercross titles, Yamaha took the class-leading Yamaha YZ450F and made it even better—more powerful, lighter, and slimmer, with enhanced overall stability and more agility than ever!
YZ450F 2023 & Monster Energy Yamaha Racing Edition YZ450F
Yamaha engineers were tasked with working on traditional strong points such as broad, torquey power, plush separation, and predictable handling for the 2023 YZ450F, but with a distinctly rider-centric focus for the new model, including a 5-pound weight reduction, greater control, and improved ergonomics. The end result is a smaller, more compact engine that purportedly produces even more power, highly recommended with more agility while keeping good stability, and a substantially lighter, smaller body with improved ergonomics for greater control.
The new YZ450F changes begin with the powerplant. New exhaust and intake port designs, larger-diameter titanium intake valves, a new forged aluminum piston, a new cylinder body, crankshaft, and balance assembly, and a shift from the wet sump to dry sump lubrication are among the upgrades for 2023. The combination of these changes results in more midrange and top-end power. As well as a 500 rpm greater rev limit for longer over-rev and much more linear output characteristics for improved rideability and control.
A redesigned cable-actuated clutch design replaces the earlier model coil springs with a new disc spring merges the primary gear and baskets it into a single steel unit to help transfer power to the rear tire. As a result, the assembly is much more compact, lightweight, and long-lasting. In addition, for a lighter, more compact gearbox, a new tri-shaft transmission arrangement vertically stacks the transfer shafts, lifting the center shaft and generating a triangle between the crank, driving shaft, and main shaft.
An easy new slide bar is now available for engine mapping. A new lap timer, Traction and Launch Control adjustments, and bike set-up tutorials are now included. A new lightweight steered tube switch also enables for on-the-fly selection of predefined engine maps.
Features & Advantages of the 2023 Yamaha YZ450F
- A completely new 450cc 4-stroke engine has a higher rev range for longer over-revs and is lighter, more compact, and more powerful.
- 5 lb less weight overall than the previous model.
- Through new, lightweight, handlebar-mounted push-button switchgear, two-mode changeable engine mapping enables instantaneous switching between two tunable engine maps.
- With three levels to choose from—High, Low, or off—the new traction control system sends wheel slip to the ECU to ensure perfect rear wheel traction.
- Better launches when the gate drops are now possible with the updated Launch Control System’s configurable rpm limiter.
- A novel disc spring replaces coil springs in a more compact, lightweight wire clutch design.
- The new tri-shaft transmission configuration reduces engine length from front to back for better engine location.
- The air intake path, airbox, and filter redesign allow for a thinner airbox lid and radiator shrouds.
- The ultra-compact 44mm Mikuni throttle body maximizes fuel atomization while reducing weight and enhancing mass centralization.
- The lightweight aluminum bilateral frame has been completely reworked to carefully combine rigidity and flex properties for a lighter feel.
- A slimmer, flatter, and more compact body boasts a shorter fuel tank and the front shrouds, as well as smoother, rounded elements for easier rider mobility and control.