Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 (2023): Release Date, Price & Review! The Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 is the follow-up to the RTX 4090 which was released last month. And is now one of the greatest graphics cards. It ranked first in our hierarchy of GPU benchmarks. Of course, the melting 16-pin connections have taken some of the shine off. The good news is that since the Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 consumes less power, it should be less likely to channel enough power to melt the plastic connection.
The bad news is that it inherits the RTX 3080 Ti launch price, which we also thought was too excessive, and is still too expensive for most gamers at $1,199. It also marks a significant generational price rise. The RTX 4080 is a fantastic demonstration of the effectiveness of Nvidia’s new Ada Lovelace architecture in terms of strengths. However, while being almost as expensive as the RTX 4090, it performs far worse.
Key Specification of Nvidia RTX 4080:
The high-end card features 9,728 CUDA cores, a 2.51GHz peak clock, and a 256-bit memory bus, according to the finalized Nvidia RTX 4080 specifications. The 16GB model is the only one. The top-tier graphics card from Nvidia also has a new 12-pin PCIe Gen 5 power connector that can transfer 600W from PSUs via a single wire.
- VRAM (GDDR6X): 16GB
- Boost clock: 51 GHz
- Base clock: 21 GHz
- CUDA cores: 9728
- Ray tracing cores: Third Generation
- Tensor cores: Fourth generation
- Bus width: 256-bit
Performance of Nvidia RTX 4080:
- The RTX 4080 is currently the second-fastest graphics card, but it still obstructs CPU performance. At 1440p, the 4080 is just 10% slower than the 4090 but is 22% slower at 4K. The 3440×1440 ultrawide resolution would be a little more demanding than 2560×1440, but 4K is still the best option for games without ray tracing. This card is clearly one that demands a higher resolution panel.
- The difference between the 4080 and earlier generation cards also gets less. Although there aren’t significant generational improvements, it is nevertheless 17% quicker than a 3090 Ti, 29% faster than a 3080 Ti, and 40% faster than the 3080 10GB. Furthermore, overclocking only results in a 3.8% increase in performance.
- The 4080 could perform better than the overkill 4090 if you utilize a 1440p display. it is essentially tied with the 4090, and the highest difference (Borderlands 3) is only 23%. This is about as fast as you would possibly need to go for 1440p gaming reasons until we get to the ray tracing results, with both GPUs comfortably clearing 144 fps.
- The 4080 outperforms the 3090 Ti, 3080 Ti, 3080, and RX 6950 XT by 27%, 47%, 66%, and 96%, respectively. The performance of the RTX 4080 is increased by 62% while using the DLSS Quality setting (Balanced in Minecraft). That will enable all six games to surpass 60 frames per second.
- The 6.6% performance boost from the 7% GPU overclock and the 13% GDDR6X overclock also contributes a little. That implies that although both contribute to the increases, the GPU clocks are more significant than the RAM. Although it’s not too awful with the 4080 Founders Edition, overclocking also consumes a little bit more power.
Release Date and Price of Nvidia RTX 4080:
Thanks to features like DLSS 3. the RTX 4080 is pitted against the RTX 4090. Consumers looking for a $1,000+ GPU are faced with a difficult decision. Although there were significant pricing disparities between various high-end models, there was too much performance congestion in the previous generation for Nvidia. The issue now for Nvidia is the reverse.
The Nvidia RTX 4080 was released on November 15, 2022. A month after the debut of the RTX 4090 graphics card. The NVIDIA RTX 4080 is priced at $1199 which is a bit higher than many expected. double the RTX 3080, which was released in 2020 for $699.