Yamaha engineers had to improve on a package that was already the best in its class for the new 2023 YZ450F. Traditional strong qualities like broad, torquey power, comfortable suspension, and predictable handling had to be improved, but the new model with a five-pound weight loss, more control, and better ergonomics. The end result is an engine that is smaller, lighter, and produces even more power. It also has better handling, higher agility, and outstanding stability. Finally, the body is much sleeker, and lighter, and has improved ergonomics for greater control.
Starting with the engine, the new YZ450F has changed. New exhaust and intake port designs, larger diameter titanium intake valves, a new forged aluminum piston, a new cylinder body, crankshaft, and balancer assembly, as well as a transition from the wet sump to dry sump lubrication, are just a few of the modifications made to the completely revamped engine for 2023. With the addition of a 500 rpm higher rev limit for longer over-revs and more linear output characteristics for improved ride-ability and control, these features together produce more midrange and top-end power.
A brand-new cable-actuated clutch design combines the primary gear and basket into a single steel piece, replaces the coil springs from the previous model with new disc springs, and helps transfer that power to the rear wheel. The end result is an assembly that is more compact, light, and robust and produces a smoother engagement and superb feel. In order to create a lighter, more compact gearbox, a brand-new tri-shaft transmission arrangement stacks the transmission shafts vertically, raises the center shaft, and forms a triangle with the crank, driving shaft, and main shaft.
2023 Yamaha YZ450F Price
Fresh off consecutive pro-Motocross and supercross titles, Yamaha took the class-leading Yamaha YZ450F and made it even better—more powerful, lighter, and slimmer, with enhanced overall stability and more agility than ever. 2023 Yamaha YZ450F Price in USA $9,899
First Looks: 2023 Yamaha YZ450F Price, Full Specs & Release Date
Yamaha’s market-leading Power Tuner App, which offers riders the chance to customize engine performance to their preferences, has undergone major revision for 2023; it still has all of the capabilities of the previous edition but is now much simpler to use and has more features. A simple new slide bar can now be used to map engines. A new lap timer, Traction and Launch Control settings, and bike set-up instructions are now included. Additionally, a brand-new, lightweight switch positioned on the handlebars enables instantaneous adjustment of preloaded engine maps.
The brand-new Traction Control System adjusts the engine to ensure ideal rear wheel traction by communicating wheel slip to the ECU. There are three settings available: HIGH, LOW, or OFF. For improved launches when the gate drops, the revised Launch Control System now has an rpm limiter that can be changed in 500-rpm steps between 6,000 and 11,000 rpm. With the Yamaha Power Tuner App, both systems are managed.
The entirely new aluminum bilateral beam frame for the new 2023 Yamaha YZ450F is the next significant improvement. The new frame is made of more than 10 separate welded aluminum components, striking the ideal mix between precise cornering performance and handling stability.
This offers the chance to precisely adjust the stiffness and flex properties of each component to guarantee success at the top level of competition. The end result is a more maneuverable vehicle with a lighter feel, better bump absorption, and enhanced traction, giving the rider more confidence and line options as they approach turns.
Finally, a new body design that is thinner, flatter, and more compact makes riding feel lighter and more accurate. A narrower fuel tank, much slimmer front shrouds, and a lower airbox cover are made possible by a newly reworked air intake pathway, airbox, and filter. Further easing rider movement for better control is more smooth, rounded features like seat edges and side coverings. Increased legroom between the seat and footpegs, as well as a new handlebar position that promotes a more natural posture and greater rider comfort, all contribute to an improved rider triangle.
Other high-end components and practical features include a push-button electric starter system with a high-capacity, ultra-light lithium-ion battery, 1-1/8-inch aluminum tapered handlebars, a new, compact PVC handlebar pad, new, lightweight throttle cables, wide footpegs with new, lightweight aluminum alloy brackets, a quick-adjust clutch perch, and a new chain guide. These elements work together to ensure the new 2023 Yamaha YZ450F.
Features & Benefits for the 2023 Yamaha YZ450F
- The new 2023 YZ450F, the pinnacle of the open-class YZ, expands on the outstanding race-proven features of its predecessor in a lighter, quicker, thinner, sharper, and more useable package intended to keep dominating the competition.
- The 450cc four-stroke engine has been completely overhauled and is lighter, smaller, and more powerful with a higher rev limit for extended over-rev.
- Five pounds less overall weight than the previous model.
- With an easy new “Quick Setting” slide bar, Traction & Launch Control tuning, and other new features, the updated Yamaha Power Tuner App is even more user-friendly.
- With the new lightweight, handlebar-mounted push-button switchgear, two tune-able engine maps may be switched between instantly.
- The new traction control system conveys wheel slip to the ECU on one of three levels—HIGH, LOW, or of—to maintain perfect rear wheel traction.
- For better launches when the gate drops, the updated Launch Control System now has a configurable rpm restriction.
- A redesigned disc spring is used in place of coil springs in a more efficient, lighter cable-actuated clutch design for a smoother engagement and superior feel.
- For better engine location, a new tri-shaft gearbox configuration shortens the engine from front to back.
- For a thinner airbox cover and radiator shrouds, the air intake path, airbox, and filter have been redesigned.
- While reducing weight and enhancing mass centralization, the ultra-compact 44mm Mikuni® throttle body guarantees optimal fuel atomization.
- An entirely new lightweight aluminum bilateral frame meticulously balances rigidity and flex characteristics for a lighter feel, better bump absorption, and higher traction.
- More seamless, rounded features for easier rider movement and better control, as well as a slimmer, flatter, and more compact body, fuel tank, and front shrouds.